Visa on arrival | Application
The cheapest and easiest way to get your visa on arrival (VOA) is through ’’Friends Travel Vietnam’’
De goedkoopste & makkelijkste manier om een Visum voor Vietnam op aankomst (VOA) te regelen is via ons "Friends Travel Vietnam"
VIETNAMES IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT IS CLOSED DURING (TET HOLIDAYS - CHINESE NEW YEAR)
IT'S POSSIBLE TO REQUEST A VOA BEFORE AND AFTER THIS PERIODE
Welcome to Friends Travel Vietnam’s visa department. Are you planning on travelling to Vietnam? You might need a visa. At Friends Travel Vietnam you will find the cheapest, easiest and quickest way to obtain a visa with the VOA (visa on arrival) procedure. When you use the VOA procedure you will receive your visa when arriving on one of the international airports in Vietnam.
In order to attain the visa on arrival you need an approval letter. That’s where we come in. By filling out our online form – which you can find on the bottom of this page – you will receive your approval letter within 2 - 4 working days in your mailbox. With this letter you’re granted permission by the Vietnamese authorities to enter Vietnam. Without a visa you’re not allowed to enter the country (unless your nationality is on the visa exemption list).
All the personal information you enter is via a secure connection and is safe during the VOA procedure. Please note: the VOA procedure is only possible if you enter Vietnam via one of the international airports. You can’t enter via a land border.
Have an amazing holiday in Vietnam!
Greetings Sidney & Thao and the Friends Travel Vietnam Team
How does it work?
Very easy, receive your visa in 5 steps.
1. Submit your application via our VOA via request form on our website
2. Pay our processing fee directly
3. Receive your visa authorization letter 2 - 4 working days
4. Fill in the N1 form (Registration form)
5. Fly to Vietnam and collect your visa at the airport
What kind of visas can we arrange?
In some cases it is better to consider applying for a 87 days VOA (visa on arrival).
Single entry visums
With a 1 or 3 month(s) single entry visa you can enter and leave Vietnam once.
IMPORTANT! Only valid if you fly into VIetnam to one of the international airports,
* For the single entry/exit visa you pay the visa stamping fee of $25 upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam. You pay the $25 dollars cash directly to the immigration department.
Multiple entry visas
With a 1 or 3 month multiple entry visa you are allowed to enter and exit Vietnam as much as you like. If, for example, you want to travel to Laos or Cambodia and return to Vietnam a multiple entry visa is the suitable option.
On your first arrival at one of the international airports you pay the visa stamping fee once. After that you can enter and exit Vietnam for free on the same visa.
|Month(s)||Tourist visa||Valid (days)||
|Application fee||Tariff stamping fee||Link to application form|
|1 month||multiple entry/exit||30||2-4 working days||16 € Euro||50 $USD|
|3 months||multiple entry/exit||87||2-4 working days||27 € Euro||50 $USD|
IMPORTANT! Only valid if you fly into VIetnam to one of the international airports,
* For the multiple entry/exit visa you pay the visa stamping fee of $50 upon arrival at the airport in Vietnam. You pay the $50 dollars cash directly to the immigration department.
Welcome to Friends Travel Vietnam. We are an official, international tour operator. We run a travel agency in the center of ‘the Old Quarter’ in Hanoi. Our main goal is to provide our clients with a unique experience whilst travelling through this amazing country.
My name is Sidney van Meenen, together with my Vietnamese wife Thao van Meenen and the whole team we run a lovely travel agency. With our multi-cultural team we have outstanding knowledge of the country and work with Western standards.
We assist travelers from all corners of the globe with their trip through Vietnam. We offer many services. We can help you with your visa process, but we can also assist by booking tours throughout the country.
On our website you can find ‘building blocks’ to put together your perfect trip. We also offer ready-to-go packages with great tours to for example Sapa or Halong Bay.
We can also design a tailor-made journey for you. You tell us your preferences and we use our years of experience, to put together an individual, tailor-made itinerary according to your wishes.
Questions? Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why with us?
In many countries applying for a visa can be a hassle. At Friends Travel Vietnam we find it of great importance that you start your journey to Vietnam relaxed and satisfied.
The simple VOA procedure is quick, cheap and easy and ensures you of a valid visa for your travels through Vietnam.
The process is simple. You fill out an application form on our website and get your approval letter between 2 – 4 working days. If you opt for an urgent procedure you can even receive your approval letter in 2 working days or 24 hours.
You present the approval letter, together with the necessary documents (we will help you with this), and you will receive your visa.
The costs for the visa consist of two parts. De application costs you pay to Friends Travel Vietnam (starting from 6 euro) and the visa stamping fee ($25 for single entry, $50 for multiple entry) which you pay upon arrival on the airport in Vietnam.
The costs at an embassy or consulate are a lot higher. You can fill out the form on our website or contact us for additional questions 24 – 7.
Start your application now!
Am I eligible for the VOA procedure?
1. You enter Vietnam by airplane.
2. You have a passport which is, on the arrival date in Vietnam, valid for at least 6 more months and has 3 empty visa pages.
3. Check the visa exemption list to see if your nationality needs a visa and if your nationality is eligible for the VOA procedure. Check this before you start the procedure.
4. It’s only possible to obtain a tourist visa with the VOA procedure. Family visits, students and business travelers can, in most cases, use this procedure as well. If you are working in the offshore business or an NGO you have to apply for a business visa via a consulate or embassy.
5. Three month visas are valid for 87 days. Keep that in mind when planning your stay.
6. When you are on a layover in Vietnam you can collect your visa during the layover. Your layover needs to be at least 2 hours. Collecting the visa usually takes between 10 and 50 minutes.
What is the procedure after I received my approval letter?
After receiving the approval letter via Friends Travel Vietnam you are assured you will get a visa. Nevertheless it’s very important to prepare and fill out all the necessary documents thoroughly. Also check if you can open the received documents and if the information is correct.
Only 3 steps to go until you get your visa.
1. Check if your personal information in the approval letters is correct.
Take a thorough look at the approval letter and see if your personal details are correct. When you have more than one first/given name it is possible that the Vietnamese authorities shorten it using the first and last letter of the name. The computer system only has a certain amount of characters in the field for your name. This won’t be a problem for your visa.
Note: When there is a mistake in your personal details, contact us asap!
2. Which documents do you need to prepare?
When departing (You might need to show it while checking in)
- A printed version of your visa approval letter (digital is not sufficient)
- Valid passport (with at least 6 months validity on the day of arrival and 3 empty pages)
- Print the approval letter (1 copy)
- Print the Vietnam Visa application form and fill out (2 copies)*
- 2 passport photos (size 4x6, 3x5, 2x4)
- US dollars, cash to pay for your visa
$25 for a single entry tourist visa
$50 for a multiple entry tourist visa
*According to Vietnamese legislation the form needs to be printed and filled out twice, that’s why we advise you to do so. Often immigration will only ask for 1.
Note: There are no ATMs available on the airport before immigration. So getting cash is not possible here. Take US dollars before you board your flight to Vietnam.
3. How do I obtain my visa on arrival at the airport?
- Go to the ‘Visa on arrival counter’ at the airport en hand in the required paperwork. Pay the visa fee in US dollars and wait for your visa
- Check if the information on the visa is correct and go through immigration
More info needed about the VOA procedure? Please use the provided contact form. We will get back to you as soon as possible.